This is an old fashion pound cake that goes into a cold oven before baking. It is a delicious way to use up any extra eggs. This cake also freezes very well, so go ahead and make up a couple batches.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
(DO NOT PREHEAT OVEN)
- Cream 3 cups sugar and 1 cup soften butter until well blended.
- Slowly add eggs, one at a time.
- Add salt, vanilla extract, and lemon extract to mixture.
- Add flour and milk, alternating, until blended.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10 inch tube or Bundt pan. Place in cold oven and set temperature to 350 degrees.
- Bake 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan about 10 minutes, then turn out.